Monday, May 7, 2018

Social media might've started as a trend but it is now part of our everyday lives and it isn't going anywhere. Most people think of twitter, snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, ect. when it comes to social media. Although, not many people are realizing how gaming systems are accepting the social media lifestyle as well. For instance Microsoft has taken it to another level with their current gen gaming system, the Xbox One. On this platform, you can share gaming videos, pictures, and even stream yourself. Not all of these features are new but the Xbox one has made it much more accessible to their players. Probably the most famous feature and my personal favorite, Party Chat. Party chat allows players to basically create a phone call or chat lobby with multiple people that are online. This feature was created to allow friends to talk to each other to make playing games more enjoyable and easier to setup. This feature is so convenient and easy to use that I've seen my brother have his Xbox turned on just so he can talk to friends while he plays on his computer. I have even sometimes hopped on my Xbox after work to just talk to friends of mine while I play on my phone or go on other social media. Xbox has created a place where you can truly interact with other people and I would go as far to say that it may be the leading form of social media
.

No comments:

Post a Comment